Saturday 4 April 2015

Most Embarrassing Moment


If you read yesterdays post you'd know a little bit about me bleaching my hair, I'm the type of person where I do things at the heat of the moment, I wanted to go platinum for a while and recently after having my haircut short I wanted to go for a completely different colour. While looking around online for tutorials on how to go platinum and what could happened if it failed, I ended up getting so much help and a lot of successful videos of people showing how they got their goal colour, but I didn't really find any useful information if it went bad and what to do so thought I would break down what I did to my hair from the start to the end and what went wrong and how I got it to the colour I have now. 

First try (Thursday night) - I used Bleach London Total Bleach, on the box it says it lights up to 7 levels to achieve platinum so I thought I would give it ago, I did everything on the introduction sheet and mixed the products left it on my hair for 40-45 minutes, I washed my hair until the water turned clear, once my hair was dried you could see (Left picture) it only lightened my roots and left the rest of my hair reddish ginger. 

Second Try (Friday Morning) - I wanted to bleach it once again to see if everything would lighten, I did everything like the first step and it just went lighter on the roots and the top of my hair a yellow blonde and still a bright orange from the middle to the ends.

Third try (Friday Afternoon) - At this point I got fed up with it all and I went into town and purchased another box of Bleach London in town to bleach it for the 3rd time.

Did everything like the previous tries but only bleach the ends and left roots since they didn't need doing, once my hair was dry it only turned out even brighter, at this point my hair was bright yellow at the roots and a bright orange from the middle to the ends of my hair. 

To make things worse I also had to work at my dads shop since they needed help, you can't imagine how embarrassing it felt working wright bright hair, having people laughing and making ridiculous comments. By this point I just gave up with everything and was in a point where I wanted to just dye it dark and forgetting everything.

Fourth try (Saturday Morning) - Once I woke up I called my local hairdressers where I got my hair cut and explained what happened luckily they had a free spot for me to come and and they can take a look and see what they could do.

I walked in and the all had a shocked expression I don't think they realised how crazy and bright it looked, I got seen at half 11 where she took a look at my hair, explained why it got to the colour and saying it was impossible to reach platinum as I'm a dark headed, she suggested the colour for my to cover it up in the meanwhile and then if I wanted to still go lighter I could come back in a months time and get it done gradually, as I had bleached it the previous day it was too soon for them to put any bleach in my hair as it would damage my hair. 

She was surprised how my hair was in a good/average condition after being bleached, she advised to keep condition a lot on every wash and putting a lot of oils on my hair so that it doesn't split and damage my hair. 

I choice to go for a brown chocolate dye for my hair, but my hair turned lighter than planned due to it being bleached and lighten, as you could see from the picture on the right. It looks a bit darker on the picture but in person its just a shade lighter.

I like how my hair turned out with the colour after getting it done at the hairdressers, I will be going just a shade lighter maybe but I still need to think about it.

My advice - My advice on the whole bleaching at home is everyones hair is completely different, it might turn out great but you always have to consider that it might go wrong and not how you've planned for it go, I would advice to please go hairdressers if you do want to go lighter than your natural hair, they will do a better job than you would think they would, always better, if it goes wrong always have a backup plan on what you want to do next, Remember its just hair and it'll grow out if its damaged or goes wrong and you can always cover it up.

I wish I had waiting and gone to the hairdressers where they would advice me on whats best for my hair and they would do a job a better job. 

Have you had any bad experience with bleaching or dying hair?

SHARE:

No comments:

© Moda Rebelde | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig