Wednesday 19 February 2014

DIY: Jar of Pennies

First of all I want to apologies for not posting for a week now, I've been doing uni work and had other things going on so I've had no time for a post. So lets get started.


I think this is the first DIY post on my blog, this is a quick and simple DIY to do.
I originally bought the jar from PoundLand cause I liked the look of it and thought this could come in handy at some point. I ended up using it as a candle holder which worked out great but then the candle finished and I didn't want keep jar of wax in my room for no reason, since I had coins laying around I realise that the jar needed use for something else. So here's how I got it back to it original form after candle wax.

First of all you'd need to put the jar/cup/candle holder in the freezer over night before so it'd be easier for you get to the left over wax out. 


Once jar has been in the freezer over night take it out and leave it on the side for 30 minutes so it can cool down.
Once the jar has been cooled down for over 30 minutes you can now start get the wax out, for this you'd need a knife (If you'd a minor please get an adult to do this part for you) so you can scrape and stab the centre of the left over wax and keep tapping it until you see it getting loose enough for it being removed. 


Once wax is loose enough you can now tip the jar upside down and remove wax. 
Once wax has been removed you may now wash the jar (as you'd normally wash your plates) to remove any axes wax that has been left in the jar.


Once the jar has been cleaned you can now use it.
I ended up using it for my coins since I always ended up leaving change every where, this will come in handy. 

Hope you'd enjoy this DIY, if you've tried this out please let me know in the comments below or if you do any DIY and think I would like to try any out also leave a comment down below.

Thanks.

SHARE:

No comments:

© Moda Rebelde | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig