Monday 23 February 2015

Why I started Blogging

Todays post is a little different than usual, I wanted to share why I started blogging and what I've learned nearly 2 years after starting, I don't think I've done a post like this before, so I thought I' d share with you the reasons behind it and maybe some of you may go through this or what to keep in mind when you are starting out on your own blog.

It took me 3/4 years to start a blog, I created a Blogger account back in 2009 and I never posted anything, never had the guts to sit in front of the computer and write something, it wasn't until March 17th in 2013 when I decided that it wouldn't hurt to try. When I started this blog I knew I wanted to post about Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle, since I was at university and in the middle of deciding what I wanted to do so I wanted to document my steps and plans, I also wanted to have a blog where I could look back in a few years time and see what I was doing or loving (beauty/fashion product) at a certain time.

When I started out I liked that I had a place where friends and family didn't know about, it was a place where I could post and feel comfortable writing what ever came to mind, it was my own place I could express my interest that no one could criticise about it. When people knew I had a blog a blog back in Summer (2013) I never had the courage to tell them about it, I wanted to keep it a secret for as long as possible but moving forward to almost 2 years on and things aren't so private, when your on social media and have people you know following me I became less and less confidence to write anything I wanted cause I was afraid of people reading or knowing things, that got to a point where I stopped post lifestyle posts and it became a beauty related blog. 

But thats all changing, I've decided not to care as to what people have to say or think, and just do what I want, this blog isn't going to be just beauty related, I'm going to be blogging about the things that bug me or that I love, fashion related posts including some fashion articles, education/ career and moving out, something for everyone to enjoy reading instead of the typical beauty blogs, and I can look in years time and feel proud of this blog.

What I've learned almost 2 years after starting this blog are: 1, Thing is keep in mind that your blog won't always be private it'll get out there on way or the other,  2, If you want to keep it private maybe not join social media unless you want to get your blog out there, 3, Post things that you want to post and that will make feel proud of the blog that you've created.

What has it been liked blogging for you? 

SHARE:

No comments:

© Moda Rebelde | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig