Thursday 26 February 2015

First day of Tailoring

If you saw yesterdays post you'd know that I start the course yesterday, so I thought I'd do a recap of everything that happened from the moment I woke up to the end of the day and how I felt about the first day. 

8.00 Am
My alarm went off at 8, and I'll admit for a few seconds I was confused why it went off then I remember I started class today, I don't remember the last time I had to wake up so early so it took me a while to get out of bed.
9.15 Am
By this time I was ready to leave the flat and make my way to Newham for the course. 
9.50 Am
I arrived 10 minutes early which is a massive surprise for a girl who's always late for everything, I wasn't as nerves as I thought I'd be, maybe cause I've been through this so many times that I was kinda used to it. 
10.00 Am
While everyone was finding a seat, class began, one of the course leaders went through the course handout booklet to talk about the course and what is expected, it went on for an hour but it felt like hours of him talking. 
We then had another man talking about fees and the help you can get with it, but i'll be honest and say he didn't really help with anything, he didn't say how to pay or when to pay for the fees, he just mainly spoke about getting help if you have an income of 20k or less a year. 
We got given a 15 minutes break afterwards we got taken on the tour of the place to know where everything was but the person taking us around give a fib that he just wanted to get the tour over and done with it.

12.00 Pm
We had an hour for lunch, some people stayed in class by them self, others met up with people they already knew or other have gone out to eat by lunch, I ended up just getting a snack and headed back into class since I still hadn't got to know anyone.
13.00 Pm 
Everyone got back from lunch, we ended up being split into 2 parts, the first group which I was in got sent into the library to register to the library so we can take books out after that we was taken to do a test, as its a college where I'm taking the short course we had to do a test to see what level we was in English and Maths and if we needed it, it didn't matter if you had good grades in maths and english.
14.30 Pm
We went back upstairs to the class room and got sent to another room to talk about things we will be doing in the computer rooms like essays, working on cvs and research but since the computers wouldn't let us log in we got given homework, yup homework on the first day (wtf!!!) 
15.00 Pm
By this time everyone was confused we had one person saying we can leave but we still had no idea which groups we was in and what days we had to come in since they hadn't sorted it out.
16.00 Pm
By this time we finally found out which days I'm in which are Wednesday at 10-5pm, Thurs 2-5pm and Fridays from 10-5pm which I'm quiet happy as I get to have a lay in although I do wish I was in the group that had Friday mornings off but Thursday will have to do I guess.
17.20 Pm
I finally gotten home but I managed to pop into McDonalds since I had no energy to cook anything.

I was glad first day was over, I was so tired specially since I had little sleep that night, the whole went by really quick, I felt like it was all rushed they wasn't very organised, they just went with it, specially when organising the groups which ended up being done by 4pm which I was quiet annoyed and many people was, most of us felt like we didn't know what was going on, we got told one thing and then another by someone else. 

For the first day I'll say I'm actually unsure if I want to stay in this course after how the first day was, but I'm going to give it a month to decided if its something I want to do. 

SHARE:

No comments:

© Moda Rebelde | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig